Can I have animals, small livestock and large livestock including horses?

Non-commercial keeping of pets is allowed in all zoning districts.  Pets shall be contained and controlled.  If there is a pet problem, please contact Animal Control. Large animals and livestock are allowed under special circumstances and the number of which are controlled by zoning.  Large animals such as horses, mules, cattle, and buffalo are allowed on parcels of land over 3-acres in size.  And then, only one (1) animal per acre in density is allowed.  Manure must be managed in order to prevent unsanitary conditions and excessive breeding of flies.  Please see the Zoning Regulations on Animals in Section 1008.

Show All Answers

1. How can I find out how a property is zoned?
2. What are the required building setbacks and allowed uses in my zoning district?
3. Can I subdivide my property?
4. How do I know if my neighborhood has covenants?
5. How do I determine where my property boundaries are?
6. Can I camp on my property?
7. Can I leave my recreational vehicle on my property year around?
8. The house has a outhouse, is that okay?
9. Can I put a mobile home on my property?
10. Can I have animals, small livestock and large livestock including horses?
11. Can I have a Tiny Home in Clear Creek County?
12. Do I need a permit to run my house as a short term rental (vacation rental) on websites like AirBNB or VRBO?
13. The house I am interested in is on a septic system, what does that mean?
14. What is a septic Use Permit?
15. Why do the number of bedrooms matter for my septic system?
16. My septic system has "higher level treatment", what does that mean?