What is a septic Use Permit?

A Use Permit is required to be issued by the Environmental Health Department prior to the transfer of property where the property is serviced by an onsite wastewater treatment system (OWTS).  To obtain a Use Permit the property must receive a third party inspection ensuring the system is functioning as designed, the MLS or publication must not exceed the number of bedrooms permitted through the OWTS, and any applicable forms and fees must be remitted. 

For more information on the Use Permit process, or specific criteria for approval or exemptions, visit the Use Permit web page.

Show All Answers

1. How can I find out how a property is zoned?
2. What are the required building setbacks and allowed uses in my zoning district?
3. Can I subdivide my property?
4. How do I know if my neighborhood has covenants?
5. How do I determine where my property boundaries are?
6. Can I camp on my property?
7. Can I leave my recreational vehicle on my property year around?
8. The house has a outhouse, is that okay?
9. Can I put a mobile home on my property?
10. Can I have animals, small livestock and large livestock including horses?
11. Can I have a Tiny Home in Clear Creek County?
12. Do I need a permit to run my house as a short term rental (vacation rental) on websites like AirBNB or VRBO?
13. The house I am interested in is on a septic system, what does that mean?
14. What is a septic Use Permit?
15. Why do the number of bedrooms matter for my septic system?
16. My septic system has "higher level treatment", what does that mean?