The Planning Commission recommends decisions on land use cases to the Board of County Commissioners and certifies recommendations on zoning regulations and maps.
- Third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Occasional alternative meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month, please watch the calendar
- City Hall 1711 Miner St., Idaho Springs, CO 80452
- Due to the Covid 19 pandemic all Planning Commission meetings are being held virtually via zoom until further notice.
- Planning Commission Virtual Zoom Access
- To enter a scheduled Planning Commission please click on the link below or dial the toll free phone #’s below. You may also need to enter the below password or webinar ID to gain access.
The Planning Commission (PC) consists of seven regular members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Each member serves for a three year term.
- John Muscatell
- Dave Christensen
- Russell Clark
- Julie Whisenand
The Planning Commission’s mandate is to advise the Board of County Commissioners on the best land use of Clear Creek County lands, for the benefit of the County and its inhabitants, which includes indigenous wildlife. The Planning Commission considers historical use of the land, current use, and best possible use in all its land use decisions and recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
If you have any questions pertaining to the Planning Commission, please contact the PC Secretary at (303) 679-2361.